1. Splitting headache

Ex: I have a splitting headache.

2. Run down

Ex: I’m a bit run down. So can you buy me a cake?

3. Back on my feet

Ex: Yesterday I was sick but now I’m back on my feet.

4. Dog

Ex: I feel so dog-tied because of that noise.

5. Bag of bones

Ex: When he came home from the war he was a bag of bones.

6. Full of beans

Ex: Although she is poor but she is always full of beans.

7. Black out

Ex: When Tom saw the spider, he blacked out.

8. Blue around the gills

Ex: You should sit down. You look a bit blue around the gills.

9. Clean bill of health

Ex: All athletes must produce a clean bill of health.

10. Frog in one’s throat

Ex: My mother is a teacher. She is always had frog in her throat in the winter.

Source: Mrs. Trang Ielts

0 comment:

Post a Comment

TOP POST